You are here
The College Advising Process
As professionals in this field, we are most concerned about the message media sometimes sends to current high school and college students.
- Being authentic is truly the best way for a college applicant to find a university experience that will give them a solid foundation for their future.
- In our experience of working with young people for 25 years, we find that teens really appreciate adult mentors who see them for who they are.
At The Bertram Group, we facilitate a process that promotes self-awareness and personal growth so that students find “best fit” schools as they plan for their futures.
- Young adulthood is a unique developmental phase of life.
- Teens are still discovering who they are; they are just beginning to envision who they will be as adults.
- We encourage candidates to reflect honestly on their personal strengths, challenges, and goals.
- We provide perspective and information about what a college experience can offer in the classroom and beyond.
- These strategies empower students to be themselves, make informed choices, and put their best foot forward as they apply to colleges.
- Short-circuiting this process can undermine students’ sense of self-worth.
At The Bertram Group, we believe strongly that the success of this work relies upon acting with honor and integrity in every interaction with students, parents, and schools.
- As mentors to the young people with whom we work, we model the importance of knowing and living your values.
- As professionals, we maintain a specialized expertise in the full range of educational opportunities so that we can serve the full range of students with diverse interests and needs.
We believe the power of a college education is transformative and understand that personal growth only comes when individuals are truly themselves.