Back to School 2015
Once again the back-to-school season brings the excitement of beginnings. Some Bertram candidates are settling into classes that are the culmination of their previous initiative to seek out a new school home. Others are moving into the most active phase of their school search for next year. For all Bertram candidates the first weeks back at school are a time of taking stock—reflecting on their summer adventures and last year’s accomplishments, while also setting goals for the academic year that is launching now. As we say at The Bertram Group, educational planning is a journey. In addition to celebrating each milestone, we rejoice in the discoveries and growth made along the way. And we strike the balance of being present in the moment while also keeping an eye on what is to come further down the road.
We are excited to offer a guest interview in this issue of Bertram Directions. Executive Director Peter Upham and Director of Member Relations Andy Hirt of The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS) talk about a new initiative to increase awareness of the value of North American boarding schools.
- I explore the merits of considering boarding schools that are farther from home.
- Audrey outlines the unique opportunities presented by single-gender schools.
- Deena discusses how families decide to hire educational advisors.
- Holly discusses how students can expand their opportunities by telling their own personal stories with perspective and optimism.
- The Action Steps column offers public speaking tips for upcoming interviews.
- Jeremy highlights Sierra Magazine’s ranking of Cool Schools.
As always, we look forward to hearing from you and offering our professionalism and expertise to guide you along this path.
Cammie Bertram and the Bertram Team