Back to School 2018
Welcome to another academic year, with its wonderful promise of personal growth. We are excited for all of our Bertram candidates as last year’s graduates enjoy new beginnings at their schools of choice and future graduates look ahead to plan their next educational challenge.
Every year the diversity of students with whom we work is a testament to how many types of learners exist and the value of each individual finding the school that best meets their needs. With this issue of our newsletter, I am also reminded of the breadth of educational choices available to today’s students. An historical wealth of knowledge in the fields of education and psychology, enhanced by contemporary research, has built an array of high caliber institutions, ranging from traditional boarding and day schools to experiential learning opportunities and therapeutic educational programs. As always, we at The Bertram Group are available to help your family explore these varied options. It is a joy to get to know all of our candidates and to see them blossom and fulfill their potential.
In this issue:
- I highlight some characteristics unique to iGen—the demographic group now entering high schools and colleges.
- Audrey outlines what to look for in schools for gifted learners.
- Deena discusses new research that adds nuance to the classic advice that college applicants and students “find their passion.”
- Jeremy explores school wellness initiatives and how parents can also help reduce student stress.
- Holly shares the insiders’ perspectives of students and college admissions officers about the value of semester programs.
- In Bertram News, we introduce new affiliate Holly Daniels.
- Our Save the Date feature highlights an upcoming conference relating to transgender students.
As always, we look forward to hearing from you.
Cammie Bertram and the Bertram Team