At this time of year I extend our sincere congratulations to all Bertram candidates. Every young person with whom we work is currently looking forward to some event that is the result of a family’s thoughtful planning and investment in his or her education. I am delighted to report that all our candidates who applied through the primary admission season for secondary school and college are preparing for attendance at schools of their choice in the fall. Many have identified productive plans for the summer months. Still others are just now beginning the journey through the school search process. All have reason to celebrate and contemplate exciting futures.
We look forward to staying in touch with graduating students after they matriculate. It is truly rewarding to see how young people blossom in the right educational environment.
In this issue we feature a guest interview with Cliff Brownstein, executive director of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, to cover trends in this important and growing field.
- Audrey explores the unique cultures found among small boarding schools with enrollments of 200 or fewer students.
- Deena articulates the significance of summer internships for undergraduate and graduate school candidates.
- I highlight “preliminary visits” as one strategy for launching a school search.
- Holly offers perspective on the increasingly high-pressure culture of youth sports.
- The Bertram News column introduces our newest affiliates, James and Kathryn Meyer, who are transplants from the East Coast now working in Park City, Utah.
- Jeremy outlines a range of secondary school options for students to develop their knowledge and interests relating to the environment.
As always, we look forward to hearing from you.
Warmly, Cammie Bertram and the Bertram Team