We are so proud of our candidates, and their families, and the work we do together to bring educational dreams to fruition. I am pleased to report that all those who went through the recent admission cycle have found new school homes that excite them. More than 90 percent of our boarding school candidates will attend their first-choice schools this fall. Our candidates also enjoy success and a variety of interests as they matriculate at colleges and universities nationwide and around the globe.
Looking back over the years, Bertram candidates have attended more than 100 different boarding and day schools, plus many different colleges. We are proud of every candidate as they fulfill their goals at each unique institution. We are honored that our work intersects with the mission of so many wonderful schools.
Around this time every year, some families decide they would like to explore new options for the coming September, but worry that the window has passed. Good news! Every year we work through the summer to help candidates find schools that make the next school year something to eagerly anticipate. For those looking farther out, the summer months—outside the deadlines of the academic year—are also a perfect time to begin your journey. At The Bertram Group, we are always available to help you take the next step in your school search.
In this issue:
- Audrey introduces a new series—featuring a guest interview with Thomas Sheppard of Lawrenceville School—that explores how different boarding schools incorporate character into their admission review and educational programs.
- Holly and Krissy share the first of two columns that explain what boarding schools offer students with learning differences.
- Our From the Quad column features a guest interview with Jim Power, Ed.D, Head of Schools at the unique Culver Academies in Indiana.
- Deena outlines how to make the most of college visits.
- In Action Steps, I discuss the timetable for scheduling visits to boarding school campuses.
- Jeremy reports on the Therapeutic Consulting Association, which is creating new, industry-wide systems to serve families with struggling students.
As always, we look forward to hearing from you.
Cammie Bertram and the Bertram Team