You are here
You are here
Website Privacy Notice
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our Site, we collect certain information from users.
Information We Collect
In operating our Site, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason (for example, to contact us through our “Contact Us” link, you must provide your name, e-mail address, telephone number and your question(s) and/or comment(s)).
- Information provided to us if you choose to submit information related to career counseling, including your name, e-mail address, telephone number, your comment(s) and/or question(s), and your resume.
- Information provided to us that may be considered sensitive in nature (e.g., therapeutic information) if you choose to submit such information to us.
Please note that by providing and submitting your telephone number to The Bertram Group, including a mobile telephone number, you agree that a representative of The Bertram Group can contact you at that telephone number, potentially using automated technology (including text/SMS messaging) or a prerecorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to use or receive any of our services.
Cookies consist of pieces of text stored on the hard drive of your computer, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting in your browser, which allows you to decline the cookies. For additional information on how to decline cookies on your browser, click here. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our Site.
Use of Your Information
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you in the best possible manner. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to our services;
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of our Site;
- To monitor and conduct an analysis of our Site traffic and usage patterns;
- To analyze trends.
To secure your information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Site, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide services to you. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any), as well as third parties involved in the administration and operation of our services. We may also disclose your information to other third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
Third Party Website and Interaction
By accessing other third party websites through our Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Users of Age 13 or Older Only
Our Site is designed and intended for those who are13 years of age or older. By using our Site, you affirm that you are at least 13 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on our Site. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Site. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these Terms on their behalf.
The Bertram Group
191 Post Road West
Westport, Connecticut 06880
Effective Date: September 2015